Fall 2021 Adult Schedule
Levels in the Adult Ballet Program are finely tuned for maximum progress and taught by professional teachers. Emphasis is placed on:
• Developing pure clean technique
• Quality of movement, movement theory, and musicality
• Developing a better understanding of classical music, rhythm, and tempo
• Developing a better understanding of ballet technique and terminology
• Intro to Ballet : Recommended for adults with no previous ballet experience as well as students that would like to refine and improve their technique, posture and alignment. Students will experience a full classical ballet class introducing ballet vocabulary, proper posture and alignment.
• Intermediate Beginner Ballet.: Recommended for adults with a minimum of one year of classical ballet experience. This class will focus on refining basic ballet technique while introducing more advanced steps at the barre and center.
• Intermediate.: Recommended for students with a minimum of two years of classical ballet experience. This class will continue to focus on the use of proper posture and alignment while introducing more complex combinations, concentrating on the use and coordination of arms and head.
• Advanced Intermediate: Recommended for students with a minimum four years of classical ballet technique. This class will offer complex combinations at the barre and center focusing on both artistry and technique.
• Adult Ballet Conditioning (ABC): This class concentrates on proper alignment of feet, legs and torso while executing ballet steps. Turn out or external rotation, an essential part of ballet, is explained with various exercises that strengthen the muscles involved as well as ways to find the muscles. This is not a ballet class. Some ballet steps will be used as well as other types of movement (for example: yoga, Pilates, and other strengthening exercises). There is no level of ballet required for this class; however any level can benefit from a greater understanding of “turn out and alignment.”
ABC class runs in four week sessions. Each session is $65 if paid by cash or check and $70 if bought online or through a credit card.
In-Studio Training Procedures
Signing Up for Adult Classes
Please email the School for the Signup Genius link. For each class you sign up for:
- Sign up by 8 p.m. the night before. This is when attendance is sent out and your card is charged.
- You must register or withdraw from a class no later than 8:00 p.m. the night before the scheduled class. If you withdraw from class after 8:00 p.m. your card will still be charged. If you are unable to attend the day of the class due to an emergency or unforeseen event, please email or call the school to discuss options.
- To hold class, it must have a minimum of 5 students registered by 8 p.m. the night before the scheduled class. If there are not enough students registered, you will be notified that the class is canceled, and your card will not be charged.
- Late registration: You are welcome to register the morning of a class if there is room for additional students.
- Attendance is taken and list of students is sent to the entire class by 8:30 p.m. the night before the scheduled class. Please email us ASAP if you do not receive this email but think you registered for class.
To Purchase Adult Classes
The buttons below will take you to PayPal and allow you to purchase classes. If this is your first time registering or signing up for online or online/in-studio classes, you will be sent a link to register after you purchased a class card. Save $5 if you purchase a class card or single class when paying by check or cash!
No refunds will be given for classes not used or expired cards. Cards are non-refundable. Expiration dates can be moved for medical leave of absence.
Purchase a Single Class card below ($30):
Purchase a 6 class card below ($135):
Purchase a 12 class card below ($245):
Purchase a 20 class card below ($365):
Purchase a military or student 5 class card below ($90) ID required:
Purchase an ABC Class Card below: 4 Week Session ($70)