Winter & Spring Adult Classes
Levels in the Adult Ballet Program are finely tuned for maximum progress and taught by professional teachers. Emphasis is placed on:
• Developing pure clean technique
• Quality of movement, movement theory, and musicality
• Developing a better understanding of classical music, rhythm, and tempo
• Developing a better understanding of ballet technique and terminology
New! Intro to Ballet Saturdays, 10:30 – 11:15 a.m.: This workshop is designed for adults with a desire to learn ballet but have no prior experience.
- January 25th – April 25th (no class 4/11)
Intro to Ballet Mondays, 7:45 – 9:00 p.m. : These workshop are specifically designed for adults with a desire to learn ballet but have no prior experience. Students learn the steps and vocabulary of a basic classical ballet barre and are introduced to center work. New students are welcome to join session 2 & 3. There will be a review on the first day of each session.
- Session 2: January 6 – March 9 (no class 1/20)
- Session 3: March 16 – May 18 ( no class 4/6)
Tuition: Session 2 or 3 – $160, Session 2 & 3 $300
January – May Adult classes
The following adult classes may be taken using an Adult class card – see below*
• Beginner Ballet Mondays, 11:30 a.m- 1:00 p.m.: Recommended for adults with little or no ballet training as well as students that would like to refine and improve their technique, posture and alignment. Students will experience a full classical ballet class introducing more vocabulary.
• Advanced Beginner Ballet Wednesdays, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m.: Recommended for adults with a minimum of one year of classical ballet experience. This class will focus on refining basic ballet technique while introducing more advanced steps at the barre and center.
• Intermediate Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. & Thursdays, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m.: Recommended for students with a minimum of two years of classical ballet experience. This class will continue to focus on the use of proper posture and alignment while introducing more complex combinations, concentrating on the use and coordination of arms and head.
• Advanced Intermediate Tuesdays, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. & Saturdays, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. : Recommended for students with a minimum four years of classical ballet technique. This class will offer complex combinations at the barre and center focusing on both artistry and technique.
6 Classes $120, 12 classes $215.00, 20 Classes $320.00, Single Classes $30
College Student & Military discounted rate: 5 Classes $75.00, 8 classes $110.00
*Class cards are non-refundable and expire five months after date of purchase.
Click below for the adult student welcome and information letter:
Click below for adult schedule:
The Dancer’s Workout®
These inspirational, adult dance fitness classes use ballet, jazz, and contemporary dance choreography, plus toning exercises, to get you and keep you in tip-top dancer’s shape. Created by UNC School of the Arts classical ballet graduate, Jules Szabo, these classes were designed to provide current dancers a fun way to stay in shape while offering former dancers an emotionally and physically safe path back to dance. Each class starts with a 10-minute review of choreography and careful warm-up and stretching exercises prior to the dance cardio and toning portions of the class. Adult dancers (both current and former) are welcome!
Visit www.thedancersworkout.com/mindbody for registration and tuition information.