Alumni Professional News
Ashley Hathaway is now a principal dancer with Carolina Ballet.
Camille Carroll is one of three trainees that was invited to become an apprentice with Ballet Magnificat
Abby Grossen invited to become a trainee with Carolina Ballet
• Lydia Bevan – Royal Danish Ballet
• Kathleen Black – Carolina Ballet
• Laura Bowman – Pennsylvania Ballet (retired)
• Christine Brown – Carolina Ballet (retired)
• Preston Chamblee – New York City Ballet
• Dylan Giles – Festival Ballet Providence
• Amy Greene – SALLY Dansgezelschap Maastricht
• Ashley Hathaway – Carolina Ballet Principal
• Jessica Higgins – Buglisi Dance Theatre
• Cameron McCune – American Ballet Theatre
• Brittany Meyer – Charleston Ballet Theatre (retired)
• Cora Monahan – New York City Ballet (retired)
• Giovanna Montoya – Carolina Ballet (retired)
• Sarah Newton – Carolina Ballet (retired)
• Jenny Palmer – Carolina Ballet
• Jennifer Pike – Limon 2 ( retired)
• Chandler Proctor – Tulsa Ballet
• Emily Proctor – Aspen Santa Fe Ballet
• Lindsay Purrington – Carolina Ballet Soloist (retired)
• Marissa Slutsky – Carolina Ballet (retired)
• Mimi Staker – New York City Ballet
• Yvette Sumner – Carolina Ballet (retired)
• Jessie Truesdale – Stuttgart Ballet & Koninkijk Ballet van Vlaanderen (retired)
• Chris Weisler – Dutch National Ballet (retired)
• Justine Williams – Augusta Ballet (retired)
• Leslie Williams – Martha Graham Dance Company
• Doria Worden – Richmond Ballet Trainee
• Emily Younger – Carolina Ballet (retired)
Alumni Personal News
Cara Allen 1986-1994, Washington, DC
- Son, Cameron James Long Born June 2011
- Trainee at the Joffrey Ballet School (1994-1995); performed with Duke Repertory Ballet/15-501 Ballet (1996-1999) and with San Diego City Ballet (2000-2003); taught classes for children and adults at the Ballet School of Chapel Hill and the San Diego City Ballet School
- BS Chemistry, UNC-Chapel Hill; PhD Neurosciences,University of California, San Diego
- Cara is science policy analyst at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, one of the National Institutes of Health. She reports on and helps to coordinate, plan, and evaluate biomedical research programs in areas including epilepsy and autism.
Sandy Allen McCreery 1987-1995, Tampa, FL
- Married to Greg McCreery, daughter Celeste, and son Sebastian
- One year on scholarship at Richmond Ballet (1994-1995), featured dancer with Duke Repertory Ensemble (2001-2006), ballet teacher at RSB for 4 years
- Massage therapy license, NC and FL
- Currently owns As Seen on TV More…, in Brandon,FL
- Husband, Greg, is working on his PhD in Philosophy at the University of South Florida.
- Mrs. McCreery hopes to get back to teaching.
Megan Andrews 2007 – 2009
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts, Contemporary Program
Phillipa Armes 2003 – 2008 San Francisco, CA
- Trainee in Carolina Ballet for two years
- Currently Phillipa is training at Alonzo King’s LINES Ballet B.F.A. program in conjunction with Dominican University of California in San Francisco and San Rafael, CA.
Leigh Barnwell 1998-2002, Raleigh/Durham, NC
- Performed with Stanford’s Cardinal Ballet Company for one year; featured roles in Paquita and Four Temperaments
- Taught ballet to elementary school students for three years as part of Stanford ‘s Alliance for Service through the Arts
- BA from Stanford, 2006; major in English, minor in Econ
- Masters with Distinction from University of Edinburgh in English Literature, 2007
- Started working in the Books Editorial Department of Duke University Press in January 2008 as an assistant to two Associate Editors
- February 2009 was promoted and became one of two editorial associates for our Editor-in-Chief
- Serve on the Board of Trustees for the Montessori School of Raleigh since 2008
- Currently a Member at Large on the Raleigh Dance Theatre Board of Directors
Laura Bowman 1994-1999, Philadelphia, PA
- 9 years with Pennsylvania Ballet (2001-2009), 2 seasons with Ballet X. My favorite featured roles are from Swan Lake, Barber Violin Concerto, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Quartet for IV, and Company B
- Scholarship to the Rock School of the Pennsylvania Ballet in 2000
- Teaches occasionally at the Raleigh School of Ballet and at the University of Pennsylvania
- She recently had the opportunity to participate in the filming of Black Swan, a new Darren Aronofsky film
Stephanie Brown 2006 – 2008, Youngsville, NC
Claire Bynum 2000-2005, Raleigh, NC
- Married in May 2019
- No children
- Graduated from UNC with a double major in PR and English in 2009
- Master’s of Arts in Teaching for high school English from WCU
- Worked at Sawmill Taproom
- Faculty member at RSB until 2011
- Teaching in Currituck County, NC
Nadia Capp Vasu 1993-1997, Cary, NC
- Married to Brett S. Vasu, son Aeden born May 2011
- Resuming ballet after 10-year absence.
- BA Psychology, UNC-Chapel Hill, Masters in Social Work, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Currently, Nadia is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- She provides therapy/counseling services to children, adolescents, and families as well as group therapy.
Meredith Carruthers 1992-1997, Raleigh, NC
- BA Psychology, University of North Carolina-Wilmington
- Meredith is currently a program manager for membership services at the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce.
Leah Cauley 2004-2011
- University of NC-Charlotte-ballet program with NC Dance Theatre
Sophie Chevallier 2007-2010
- High School program at University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Catherine Clifford 1998-2000, Brooklyn, NY
- 2004 graduate of Columbia University in Art History and Economics
- Small Business writer/reporter for CNNMoney.com
Maeve Connor 1998- 2004, Saint Louis, MO
- BA Advertising & Marketing Communications, Webster University
- Currently Maeve is working at an ad agency. She is also dancing with The Slaughter Project and other local modern dance groups.
Lindsey Costello 2000-2004, Raleigh, NC
- Choreographer for Greek Talent shows during college
- BA in Communications from UNC Wilmington with a concentration in Public Relations
- Works for the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
Erin Dadey 1986-1991, Raleigh, NC
- Married to Jason Williford
- Children: Gwen and Charlie months
- BA in Dance from UNC Greensboro
- Erin worked in marketing for Mark Morris Dance Company and American Dance Festival
Kathryn Daniel 2003 – 2008, Raleigh, NC
- North Carolina State University
- Has performed with Duke University Dance Program
- Has been seen as the Fancy Nancy’s Grandmother with RDT!
- On Faculty at RSB as an assistant to Patty Koss Batchelor
Taylor Delbridge 2002-2004, Raleigh NC
- UNC-Chapel Hill Sophomore
Christina de Matteis Fanney 1984-86, Cary NC
- Married to Thurston Fanney
- Children: Nicole, Christopher, Alex
- Graduated from NC State with a BA in Economics
- Graduated from UNC Chapel Hill with a Juris Doctor (with honors)
- Worked as an Assistant District Attorney for 10 years
- Currently a stay at home mom
Ann Dunbar 1998-2002, Chapel Hill, NC
- Emory Dance Company performer (4 years as undergraduate) with choreography by Emory Dance Faculty, Armando Luna (Atlanta Ballet), Brian Reeder (ABT II)
- Seymour Center (Senior Citizen Wellness Center, Chapel Hill): taught a Ballet Class to senior ladies (all over 65, my oldest student was 91!)
- BS Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology, Emory University
- MD from UNC-CH School of Medicine
Kelly Ferrell Criscitiello Charleston, SC
- Married to Benjamin Criscitiello
- Son named Dante born May 12, 2009
- Owner of English & More, a language school in Charleston
Molly Fulghum 1985-1988, Brooklyn, NY
- BA Art History, Classics from Duke University
- MA History of Art and Architecture, Harvard
- Studying for MFA in Design Criticism at NY School of Visual Arts
Dylan Giles 2005 – 2008
- University of Indiana
Tori Hall 2009-2010
- High School program at University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Ashley Hathaway 2002-2005, Raleigh NC
- HS diploma from University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- Scholarship to School of American Ballet summer program
- Carolina Ballet Company member
Jessica Higgins 1996-2000, Jersey City, NJ
- Trained with Philadanco; danced with Dayton Ballet, DCDCII, Ballet Noir, Verb Ballets, Forces Of Nature, Genesis Dance Company, Battleworks, The Berlin Wall Project
- BFA Dance, Wright State University
- Jessica is currently dancing in NYC and working with several modern and contemporary ballet companies.
- She also teaches pilates and babysits
Kimberly Holloway 2002-2005, Olathe, KS
- Distinguished Dancer full tuition scholarship at Belhaven College all four years.
- Bezalel Award for outstanding artistic achievement Spring 2006 and Spring 2009 (Awarded to one dancer per class per year)
- BFA Dance, Belhaven College
- Currently is dancing with Störling Dance Theater and is teaching at three dance studios.
Samantha Howard Beary 1997-2001, Jersey City, NJ
- Married to Aaron Burns
- Radio City Rockette for their National Arena Tour
- Received a BFA in dance performance from Towson University
- Auditioning for Broadway shows and musical theater show tours.
- Working at a gym and getting ready to train to teach Pilates
Gwendolyn Hunsberger Dunlap 1997-2000, Kansas City, MO
- Married to Mark Dunlap, Daughter, Elsa
- BS Exercise and Sports Science with a minor in Dance from UNC Greensboro
- Currently Gwendolyn is the Health Promotion Specialist at the Center for Health Enhancement operated by Saint Luke’s Health System.
- She also teaches Pilates, Yoga, Body Pump, Turbo Kick and other group fitness classes as well as works individually with members on reaching their fitness goals.
Helen G. Johnston 2004-2008, Northampton, MA
- Performed in the 2008 Five College Fall Faculty Dance Concert
- Currently attending Smith College and working towards a Physics major with an Engineering minor.
- She continues to take ballet and be involved in other campus organizations.
Whitney McRae Jones 1994-1996, Durham, NC
- Running the liturgical dance group at Hayes Barton United Methodist Church
- BA Biology and Psychology from the University of Virginia, PhD in Genetics from Duke University
- Whitney is currently a lecturer in the Genetics Department at NC State University.
- She also teaches the Elementary Genetics Laboratory, Advanced Genetics Laboratory, and Genes and Development at NCSU.
Klugh Jordan 1987-1991, Durham, NC
- BA in Dance at UNC Greensboro
- Masters in Environmental Resource Economics and Policy at Duke University
- Klugh is currently the administrative coordinator for the Center on Global Change at Duke University
Anna von Kantzow 2002-2004, New York, NY
- BS New York University -Communications
- Hopes to work in NYC in advertising
Sabrina Karr 2007-2010
- Broughton High School
Charlotte Kelley 2004-2011
- University of Utah-ballet program
Patty Koss Batchelor 1994-1997, Raleigh, NC
- Husband Mike, Tabitha Mae, born 9/27/11
- RSB faculty since 1998
- Danced with Duke Dance Ensemble from 2000-2007 performing works by M’Liss Dorrance and Tyler Walters
- Esthetics certification 2004-currently working at a local day spa as an esthetician
Michelle Lacks 2005-2009, Columbia University, NYC
- She has taken classes and performed with Barnard and Columbia University
- Currently Michelle is attending the School of Engineering at Columbia and taking ballet classes at Barnard
Cassia Lewis 2006-2008, Garner, NC
- NCSU to double major in Textile Engineering and Textile Design and Apparel Management
Karsey Long 2008-2009, Pittsburgh, PA
- Attended the graduate program at Pittsburg Ballet Theatre School.
- Served as an assistant on faculty at RSB
- NCSU student
Jensen Mabe Williams 1998-1999, Liverpool, Uk
- Married to Adam Williams
- MA in English Literature
- Jensen is currently working in England on process management for Novartis.
- She is doing as much traveling as possible with her husband.
Kristin Mannina 2001-2003, Raleigh, NC
- Soloist at Burklyn Ballet Theatre and Edinburgh Connection, member of Appalachian Dance Ensemble 2003-2008
- Magna Cum Laude BA in Dance Studies from Appalachian State University
- BA Dance Studies and BS Psychology, Appalachian State University
- Kristin is currently working at Active Ergonomics where she will be working as an Ergonomic Field Coordinator.
- She has also been teaching ballet at Carolina Dance Center in Raleigh where she teaches creative movement and beginning ballet classes with children ages 3-10.
- She is now a Pure Barre instructor in Raleigh
Megan Marvel Cranfill 1987-1991, Apex, NC
- Married to Robert Cranfill
- Daughter: Jacqueline Marvel Cranfill
- Studied with the Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School for a year in high school.
- Performed with NCSU Dance Company under the direction of Robin Harris since 1994. Performed four times at the Kennedy Center as part of the National American College Dance Festival.
- Assistant Director of NCSU Dance Company 2001- 2006
- BS Psychology, NCSU; MA Liberal Studies focusing on the psychological motivations of dance design and performance, NCSU
- Associate Director of Raleigh Dance Theatre 2006-Present
- Licensed Massage Therapist since 2000. Owned and operated Natural Marvels Wellness Spa 2004-2008.
- Owner Natural Marvels Massage Therapy since 2008.
Anna Maynard 2002-2004, Boone, NC
- 5 summers at American Dance Festival, selected to choreograph a piece for the NC Dance Festival in 2008
- Currently, Anna is a sophomore at Appalachian State double majoring in dance and technical photography.
- Interned in the summer of 2010 with the Director of the Limon Institute in NYC.
Katie McNeirney 2005-2009, New York, NY
- Ballet V (taught by Allegra Kent) and Ballet VI (taught by Cynthia Anderson) at Barnard College.
- Katie is currently studying English and French at Barnard College of Columbia University in New York , NY
Brittany Meyer 1997-1998, Naples, FL
- Richmond Ballet, Trainee (2 years), multiple roles in Concerto Barocco, Swan Lake.
- Charleston Ballet, Apprentice (2 years), Company member (1 year), roles included: Serenade, Russian Girl; Sleeping Beauty, Garden Fairy in the prologue; chosen to reprise Trinidad Sevillano’s Principal role in Sanctuary as an apprentice; Rite of Spring; Romeo and Juliet; Don Quixote
- High School Graduate of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- Wine Educator and consultant. Individual Consulting, cellar appraisal, recommendations, event plans, classes, honest advice, etc. Travels to Napa, Sonoma, Rioja, Ribera Del Duero, La Mancha, Bordeaux, Rhone, Burgundy, Beaujoulais, Champagne
- One of less than 20 “Total Wine Professionals” for Total Wine Inc.; One of two leaders of Total Wine’s Consumer Education Seminars for Southwest Florida
Heather Mims 1989-1992, Brooklyn, NY
- Performed with Jan Van Dyke Dance Group and John Gamble Dance Theatre from 1993-2000
- Taught modern dance at Enloe High School in Raleigh, NC, and directed Enloe Dance Ensemble from 1998-2001
- Performed in NYC with Heather Harrington Dance Company and Daniel Charon and Dancers from 2004- 2008
- Choreographed and presented work in NYC via HMK Dance
- BFA Dance, UNC-Greensboro
- MFA Choreography, Ohio State University
- PhD in Physical Therapy at Hunter College, NYC
Sarah Newton 2003-2008, Raleigh, NC
- Graduated from Jordon High school
- Summer scholarships to School of American Ballet & Atlanta Ballet
- Currently performing with Carolina Ballet
Carrie O’Brien 1994-1995, Cary, NC
- BS in Computer Science, Meredith College
- Carrie currently works as a Porting Supervisor at Oasys Mobile – a cell phone game company in Cary, NC
Christa Lee Palchinsky 1997-2001, Las Vegas, NV
- Christa went on to join Duke University’s dance program where she performed 4 years in pieces by M’Liss Dorrance, Tyler Walters, and a Jose Limon piece staged by Clay Taliaferro.
- She was in a student run dance company, Carolina Style, at UNC-Chapel Hill where she performed and choreographed several pieces.
- She has also taught ballet for girls ages 5-18
- BA Exercise and Sports Science, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Doctorate in physical therapy, University of Miami
- She works at a physical therapy clinic that specializes in outpatient orthopedics, sports and dance rehab
Rachel Palmer 2007-2009, Raleigh, NC
- Graduate Wake Christian Academy
Jennifer Pendleton 1990-1993, Bethesda, MD
- Jennifer continued dancing with Duke Repertory Ballet/15-501 Ballet through 1997
- began working to support dance with ADF and the New York State Council on the Arts’ Dance Program during college.
- She later worked several years in programs and administration at the Joyce Theater’s rehearsal and performance space at Joyce SoHo, as well as with several small modern dance companies.
- She is currently on the Board of Directors for Brooklyn – based Marie-Christine Giordano Dance.
- After many years away, last year she returned to ballet classes and still loves it!
- BA Public Policy, Duke University; JD, Harvard Law School
- Jennifer is currently with a small nonprofit called Women’s Learning Partnership, where she works with women’s organizations in the Middle East, Central Asia, and Africa to implement women’s leadership trainings and to conduct women’s rights advocacy.
Sallie Permar 1987-1989, Boston, MA
- Married to Matt Ferraguto, Son- Sam
- Sallie went to Broughton High School
- Carolina Spirit Showchoir National Champions 1991-1993
- Microbiology, Johns Hopkins University
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases physician-researcher, Children’s Hospital Boston and Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School.
- Investigates the immunology of mother to child transmission of HIV, with the goal of developing of an HIV vaccine to prevent mother to child transmission of HIV
Jennifer Pike 1993-1995, Cary, NC
- Performed with the Limon Company, Riedel Dance Theater (NYC), Trained with the Silesian Dance Theater (Bytom, Poland)
- Currently dancing with Gaspard & Dancers (Durham) and Even Exchange Dance Theater
- BA in Political Science, Pre-medicine track, Swarthmore College
- Phillips Exeter Academy High School
- Jennifer is working as the Administrative Director for Even Exchange Dance Theater, Teaching dance to fourth graders through NC Arts In Action, Organizing Interfaith Programming, Applying to Social Work Graduate Programs
Olivia Plymale Salter 1987-1999, Wilson, NC
- Married to Steve Salter
- Children: twins Scarlett and Davis and new baby girl Saylor
- BS Education and MA Counseling, East Carolina University
- Nationally Board Certified Teacher/Counselor
- She is working as an elementary school counselor in Greenville, NC.
- She also works as a Master Teacher for an online reading module for teachers at East Carolina University
Stacey Price 1997-1999, Washington, DC
- Was a member of Washington Ballet’s Studio Company
- BFA Ballet, UNCSA (2003)
- She is now a Lead Literacy Teacher and the Pre – K Grade Level Chair at KIPP DC: LEAP Academy (charter school).
- She also teaches ballet technique, pre-pointe, and pointe classes on Saturdays at Ballet Petite in Bethesda, MD.
Emily Proctor 1998-2000, Aspen, CO
- Company member with the Aspen Santa Fe Ballet
- Part of Dance magazine’s 2010’s 25 to Watch
- Hell’s Kitchen Dance Tour with Mikhail Baryshnikov 2007
- North Carolina School of the Arts Ballet High School Diploma, B.F.A. from the Juilliard School
Lindsey Purrington 1991-1992
- Graduate of St Paul’s Academy
- Danced with several companies in NYC including Medhi Bahiri and Dancers and Chamber Dance project
- Currently a second soloist with Carolina Ballet
Kathryn Roberts Liebe 1993-1996, Red Bank, NJ
- High School diploma from the University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- Five years in New York City
- She currently teaches at The Academy of Dance Arts in Red Bank, New Jersey.
Michelle Robertson Hankins 1985-1991, Angier, NC
- Married to Seth Hankins
- Children: Camden and Dylan
- Emerging Artists Aw a rd from the United Arts Council
- Ballet Director at On Stage School of Dance in Greensboro; founder of Piedmont Performing Arts Company
- BFA Dance Performance; BS Child and Adolescent Development, both UNC-Greensboro
- Currently she is teaching Creative Movement and beginner Ballet/Tap at Fuquay Community Dance Academy and home schools her children.
Elisa Rosoff 2003-2006, Washington, DC
- Elisa attended the American Dance Festival, became head of the Phillips Exeter Academy ballet club, Echappe, and co-captain of the Exeter dance team, Lionettes.
- She was also a member of Exeter’s contemporary dance group, Les PIeds, and the hiphop group, Imani.
- At George Washington University (GWU) she danced in The Nutcracker in the roles of Snow and Spanish, in a work for the mainstage production, and in two students’ composition pieces.
- Spring 2010, she will perform in several dance events
- High school graduate of Phillips Exeter Academy, and currently, member of the class of 2013 at GWU
- She is double-majoring in Dance and International Affairs, possibly minoring in Spanish, at GWU. She is completely immersed in the dance community here.
- She also works for Jumpstart, an Americorps program, which aims to ensure that every child in America enters school prepared to succeed.
- On a lighter note, she is beginning singing lessons and revisiting old hobbies, specifically piano, ukulele and knitting (don’t laugh).
- Graduate of Nutmeg Ballet High School program
- Attended Glenda Brown Choreography Project for two years as a dancer
- Dance Major at Adelphi University
Maryann Schwoyer Page 1989-1994, Syracuse, NY
- Married to Blair Page
- Children: Michale and Emily
- After graduating high school and leaving RDT, she danced with a local studio in South Bend, Indiana (Southhold Dance Theater) while she was in undergrad. Maryann had the chance to dance some soloist and lead roles in The Nutcracker, Coppelia, and several contemporary or original works.
- Since 2000 she has worked with Ballet and Dance of Upstate NY (Upstate NY Ballet, Inc.) in Syracuse, NY, a local studio with a performing company like RDT.
- She danced as a soloist for them for a few years and now, teaches for them and assists with some productions.
- Coming full circle, Maryann helped direct a summer production a few years ago and was lucky enough to have permission to set both Bagatelles (by Ms. LeGere) and Voices (by Leigh Grant Mullen) on the girls here in Syracuse
- B.S. Biology, Saint Mary ‘s College
- M.S. Biology, SUNY-College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse, NY
- M.S. Science Education, Syracuse University, NY
- Currently in her 6th year teaching General Biology at Onondaga Community College, Syracuse, NY. She also teaches one night a week at a local ballet studio
Taylor Shepherd 2007-2008, Winston-Salem, NC
- UNCSA college –contemporary dance program
Rachel Shugarman Lee 1991-1993, Greenville, NC
- Married to Daniel Lee
- North Carolina School of the Arts summer program, awarded scholarships for the summer programs at the American Dance Festival in Durham and New York City, and the Florida Dance Festival. Performed in the North Carolina Dance Festival and with North Carolina Theatre in the production of “South Pacific”
- Lived in New York City for six years and performed in a myriad of modern dance companies and musical theater projects. Favorite credits include “The Mikado” with the New York City Opera at Lincoln Center, and the National and International tours of the Tony -nominated Broadway show “Swing!”. She also competed as a professional ballroom dancer in American Rhythm and American Smooth Ballroom and is a certified Zumba instructor
- BFA Dance Performance and Choreography , University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Rachel works as an Account Executive at Evolve, Inc., an advertising agency
- She currently lives in Greenville, NC with her husband, Daniel, and their Maltese puppy, Millie
- Rachel teaches musical theatre, ballet, and Zumba at Greenville Civic Ballet
Kristi Marie Stere 1988-1991, Austin, TX
- Since RDT Kristi received a Scholarship to Ballet Austin in 1991. She performed with local and regional dance companies.
- She served on the Board of Directors of Texas Association Teachers of Dancing, Inc
- Since 1996 Kristi has taught Ballet and Pointe at Dancers Workshop since 1996 and costume and co-directs Ovation the student ballet company
Amelia Storck 2007-2011
- Served on staff of RSB summer programs for Creative Movement levels Summer and has served on office staff for RSB
Ruben Suarez 2007-2009, Durham NC
- UNCSA high school
Yvette Sumner 1998-2003, York, UK
- Danced professionally for 3 seasons at Carolina Ballet
- BA English, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Yvette is currently working on an MA in 19th Century Literature and Culture at the University of York.
Arianne Tanton 1996-2001, Cary, NC
- BA American Studies, University of Maryland
- Arianne currently works in the Operations Department of a Community based commercial bank.
Lindsey Tilley Goss 1994-1997, Durham NC
- Husband: Michael Goss
- Children: Omar, Ayman, Ethan, Isaac
- High School graduate North Carolina School of the Arts
- Owner, Encore Academy of Dance, Durham
Jessie Truesdale 1996-2000, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Trained with National Ballet of Canada: 2000-2002
- Dancer with Stuttgart Ballet: 2003-06
- Since 2006 a member of Royal Ballet of Flanders
- Also studying oil painting at Royal Academy of Flanders
Christine VanCott 1994-1996, Durham, NC
- BA Journalism and Mass Communication and Romance Languages, French, UNC- Chapel Hill
- Christine is currently working at Fox 50 as the Creative Services Producer.
Christina Watson 2005 – 2006, Raleigh, NC
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Chris Weisler 2001-2003, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Performing with Dutch National Ballet
Maggie Whitmeyer LaPante 1991-1995, Raleigh, NC
- Married to Chris LaPlante
- Children: Wes
- BA Applied Mathematics from NCSU
- MS Pure Mathematics from Tufts University
- Maggie is currently an Upper School Math Teacher at Ravenscroft School.
Justine Williams 1997-2001, London, UK
- Danced as a Trainee with the Richmond Ballet
- Danced professionally with the Augusta Ballet in Georgia, American National Ballet in Minnesota, Beijing Performing Arts Company in China, and as a principal dancer with Asheville Ballet
- Justine is currently studying International Tourism Management in London, UK.
- She just finished a semester abroad in Germany, focusing on Intercultural Communications and has recently completed a year as an AmeriCorps volunteer.
Leslie Williams 2007 – 2008
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts-High School
Elizabeth Wolfe Hester 1986-1990, Riegelwood, NC
- Married to Luther S. Hester Jr.
- Children: Caleb Swinson, and Mary Elizabeth
- Opened The Wilmington School of Ballet in 1999 and The Wilmington Ballet Company in 2000. It is supported by our primary local arts foundations and NC Arts Council
- BS Civil Engineering, NC State University
- Elizabeth currently keeps herself busy with family and running an arts center.
- She and her husband also own and run a UPS store.
Jennifer Wolfe 1990-1994, Turin, Italy
- Married to Andrea Marino
- Children: Son born 2011
- BA History from UNC-Chapel Hill; MA Italian Literature from the University of Wisconsin Madison
- Jennifer is currently a freelance “language specialist” meaning that she translates, interprets, and teaches.
Emily Younger Wells 1993-1996, Raleigh, NC
- Married to Ryan Wells
- Children, Logan Harvey Wells
- Danced professionally with Carolina Ballet for 4 years
- Currently Emily is a co-owner of Frameworks Gallery, Inc.