The Adult Division
The Adult Division offers a variety of levels and classes for adults who wish to start dancing, return to a passion or are looking for a new form of exercise. Convenient and flexible class cards may be used during a five month period.
Adult Ballet classes follow a classical ballet syllabus appropriate for each level of study. All ballet classes are 90 minutes.
- Intro to Ballet is recommended for adults with little to no experience or returning students that would like to focus on basic technique. This ongoing class begins in September and progresses throughout the year. Students are welcome to join Intro to Ballet at any time during the year.
- Beginner Ballet is recommended for students with a minimum of one year of classical ballet experience. Adults are encouraged to take this class with the Intro to Ballet or Intermediate Ballet class.
- Intermediate Ballet is recommended for students with a minimum of three years of classical ballet or as a second class for more advanced students.
- Advanced Ballet is recommended for students with a strong background and understanding of classical ballet technique.
- Ballet Burn is recommended for all levels.
The Raleigh School of Ballet’s facility was designed and built specifically for dance training in 1991. High ceilings in the three spacious studios lend a sense of airiness while the sprung floors provide the resilience necessary for healthy dance training. Each studio is equipped with a set of full-length mirrors and sturdy two-tiered barres.