Creative Movement & Pre-Ballet Programs
The Creative Movement Program is designed to develop motor coordination, increase spatial awareness, and provide a positive learning experience. Work is presented in an imaginative and age-appropriate manner to maximize each child’s enjoyment. Class size is limited to twelve students.
Creative Movement classes present an in-studio performance at the end of the school year. This optional performance gives the dancers a chance to demonstrate what they have learned during the school year.
Creative Movement :
Students must be four years old by September 1st Creative Movement 1 classes meet one time per week for 45 minutes.
Students must be five years old by September 1st Pre-Ballet meets one time per week for 45 minutes.
Creative Movement and Pre-Ballet classes follow a syllabus that includes:
- Introduction to classical music, rhythm and tempo
- Introduction to basic ballet technique and terminology
- Introduction of ballet etiquette
- Development of motor skills
- Development of spatial awareness
- Development of coordination between head, arms, and legs
- Development of strength and flexibility in legs, ankles and feet. Students at this level do not wear ballet slippers so they can work on the articulation of their feet