B Levels ages 8 – 12
B level classes meet two times per week. Students are between eight and twelve years of age depending on previous dance training, physical development, and ability. A placement class is required before the student is assigned to a level.
B Levels have an opportunity to perform onstage in the Student Performance. This optional performance gives the dancers a chance to demonstrate what they have learned during the school year.
- B1: 1 hour two times per week. May add Contemporary 1
- B2: 1.25 hours two times per week. May add Contemporary 2
B Levels follow a syllabus that includes:
- The development and refinement of concepts taught in beginning levels
- Stressing the importance of understanding and applying the use proper technique.
- Using and understanding alignment
- Introduction of anatomy and mechanics of ballet technique