A Levels ages 6 – 9
A Level students take one ballet class per week and are placed by age.
- A1: six year old students entering first grade
- A2: seven year old students entering second grade
- A3: eight year old students entering third grade. To compliment their ballet class students may take Contemporary 1
Students in A1 and up have an opportunity to perform onstage in the Student Performance. This optional performance gives the dancers a chance to demonstrate what they have learned during the school year.
All A Level classes follow a syllabus that includes:
- The expansion of concepts introduced in Young Children’s Division
- Developing a better understanding of classical music, rhythm and tempo
- Developing a better understanding of basic ballet technique and terminology
- Continued work on strength and flexibility in legs, ankles and feet
- Use of correct arm, back, head and eyes
- The re-enforcement of ballet etiquette